“I DON’T CARE WHAT THE FACTS ARE.”
–George H.W. Bush
IRANIAN AIR FLIGHT 655
GEORGE H.W. BUSH‘S STATEMENT after the U.S. Navy shot down an unarmed civilian air liner which was traveling in a commercial air corridor in 1988
I will never apologize for the United States — I don’t care what the facts are… I’m not an apologize-for-America kind of guy.
- Statement of George Bush as Vice-president, during a presidential campaign function (2 Aug 1988), commenting on the Navy warship USS Vincennes having shot down Iran Air Flight 655 in a commercial air corridor on July 3, killing 290 civilians, as quoted in “Perspectives”, the quote of the week section of Newsweek (15 August 1988) p. 15; also quoted in “Rally Round the Flag, Boys” by Michael Kingsley in TIME magazine (12 September 1988)
290 innocent civilians on an unarmed flight–all killed.
There were Americans who cheered this shedding of innocent blood. There are some today who attempt to justify it–and still applaud.
And there are Americans who mock the Iranians for calling the USA “THE GREAT SATAN?“
- The Crying of Flight 655: The Washington Post and the White-Washing of a War Crime (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- The Forgotten Story Of Iran Air Flight 655 (counterinformation.wordpress.com)
- Four Good Reasons Why Iran Doesn’t Trust America (swampland.time.com)
- Close-up: Flight 655′s fate in ’88 underlies Iran’s distrust of U.S. (seattletimes.com)
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
by Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-13. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.